What do you get when you invite Microsoft boss Steve Ballmer, Yahoo! CEO Carol Bartz, and Google chief Eric Schmidt to talk about tech opportunities in the UK? Jargon, rhetoric and a matey slap on the back from the Tories, is about the sum of it. It’s perhaps a coincidence that Ballmer and Bartz have both been in London on the …
On a day like this I feel...
...distinctly embarrassed to be British!
“We simply cannot afford to be modern-day Luddites, resisting change in our private or public sectors."
On my menu:
0) Dump the shitty centralized fiat money, go back to hard currency. Deposit banks to have 100% coverage duty.
1) Patents declared null and void, copyright severely curtailed.
2) Government paws off everything to do with market regulation and tax sniffing.
3) The right of the people to conclude voluntary contracts in a free market shall not be infringed.
You can't handle the truth!
All good ideas but most people are all too distracted with rubbish like what William and Harry are doing or who Obama will invite to Thanks Giving dinner at the White House and other meaningless diversions like that to pay any attention to things that really need to be done.
You want to know the truth?
The real truth as uncomfortable as that may be?
Well as Colonel Jessep shouts at his accusers in the movie A Few Good Men, "You can't handle the truth!"
So THAT's what it was
the pungent aroma of bullshit hanging over London all day had me worried...
Please tell me I'm not the only one who keeps reading that as if it contained an "I".
That was the first thing I thought as well.
Did a double-take on that actually.
Silicon Fen not Silicon roundabout
We don't need a Silicon Roundabout, we've got the Silicon Fen where we've had real British Innovation from Acorn, ARM and host of other Cambridge companies. Although a meeting between Blair and Gates in 97 spelled the end for Acorn's leading position in the education market, so I'd rather Cameron stayed well away from the Ballmer, Bartz and Schmidt.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes