Feeds

back to article Acer outs mega-format media box

Acer will release its HD-capable DLNA media streaming box later this month. Dubbed the Aspire RevoView, the gadget can grab content from DLNA servers on your home network - you'll need a wired connection to the LAN - and present it on your TV - for which it has HDMI, component and composite video ports. Acer Aspire RevoView …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Oh god, another one

Can ANYONE recommend one of these things which happens to include a DVDR?

Anyone?

Dead Vulture

Works for me!

Who needs a DVDR? All my storage is on the network....and if for some weird reason I felt the need to actually burn off a useless disc to get scratched etc, I would just do it from my computer, or the server, or my laptop, or anything else that has a dvd drive in it!

Seriously, why do people assume a small device like this that is directed towards playing NETWORKED media should have a dvd drive? Me thinks you miss the point!

Gravestone, because that's where dvd discs belong.

Silver badge

I don't think you understand

I want one for my mum. She likes discs and doesn't much care for burning them or ripping them.

360 / PS3 can do most of this?!

Most readers of El Reg will already have a 360 or a PS3 which can do most of this media streaming malarky anyway. Besides, if I was going to have another device under my TV I'd rather spend anoher £80 and get a Revo 3610 to have full PC functionallity with my TV.

Silver badge
Stop

"Most reg readers"

sadly does not include the demographic known as "My mum". A console will not be happening.

This topic is closed for new posts.