Acer will release its HD-capable DLNA media streaming box later this month. Dubbed the Aspire RevoView, the gadget can grab content from DLNA servers on your home network - you'll need a wired connection to the LAN - and present it on your TV - for which it has HDMI, component and composite video ports. Acer Aspire RevoView …
Oh god, another one
Can ANYONE recommend one of these things which happens to include a DVDR?
Works for me!
Who needs a DVDR? All my storage is on the network....and if for some weird reason I felt the need to actually burn off a useless disc to get scratched etc, I would just do it from my computer, or the server, or my laptop, or anything else that has a dvd drive in it!
Seriously, why do people assume a small device like this that is directed towards playing NETWORKED media should have a dvd drive? Me thinks you miss the point!
Gravestone, because that's where dvd discs belong.
I don't think you understand
I want one for my mum. She likes discs and doesn't much care for burning them or ripping them.
360 / PS3 can do most of this?!
Most readers of El Reg will already have a 360 or a PS3 which can do most of this media streaming malarky anyway. Besides, if I was going to have another device under my TV I'd rather spend anoher £80 and get a Revo 3610 to have full PC functionallity with my TV.
"Most reg readers"
sadly does not include the demographic known as "My mum". A console will not be happening.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?