Facebook has introduced a handful of mobile tools, including single sign-on for third-party apps, a new Facebook Places location write API, and a "Deals" platform, which allows local businesses to offer e-coupons to Facebookers who are nearby. The company is not building a phone. "There's this rumor out there that we're building …
Coupons that follow you?
Sounds like a good way to track people then. Just hand out unique coupons to everybody. Given that a large percentage won't be redeemed, especially if the deal isn't terribly good but enough to keep around for a rainy day, it won't be too expensive. And even tracking who keeps the coupons and who doesn't is valuable information. Yes, I can see this is made of facebook win... bitch.
Places only work in certain countries. It appears in the menu of the Android app but doesn't allow check-in's from my country (where it's EMEA Headquarters are)
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers