Facebook has introduced a handful of mobile tools, including single sign-on for third-party apps, a new Facebook Places location write API, and a "Deals" platform, which allows local businesses to offer e-coupons to Facebookers who are nearby. The company is not building a phone. "There's this rumor out there that we're building …
Coupons that follow you?
Sounds like a good way to track people then. Just hand out unique coupons to everybody. Given that a large percentage won't be redeemed, especially if the deal isn't terribly good but enough to keep around for a rainy day, it won't be too expensive. And even tracking who keeps the coupons and who doesn't is valuable information. Yes, I can see this is made of facebook win... bitch.
Places only work in certain countries. It appears in the menu of the Android app but doesn't allow check-in's from my country (where it's EMEA Headquarters are)
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base