Facebook has introduced a handful of mobile tools, including single sign-on for third-party apps, a new Facebook Places location write API, and a "Deals" platform, which allows local businesses to offer e-coupons to Facebookers who are nearby. The company is not building a phone. "There's this rumor out there that we're building …
Coupons that follow you?
Sounds like a good way to track people then. Just hand out unique coupons to everybody. Given that a large percentage won't be redeemed, especially if the deal isn't terribly good but enough to keep around for a rainy day, it won't be too expensive. And even tracking who keeps the coupons and who doesn't is valuable information. Yes, I can see this is made of facebook win... bitch.
Places only work in certain countries. It appears in the menu of the Android app but doesn't allow check-in's from my country (where it's EMEA Headquarters are)
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops