Creative is to bring a pair of Android tablets to market next month. One is a seven-incher, the other a 10in machine with 480 x 800 and 600 x 1024 resolutions, respectively. Both are called the ZiiO and - fail? - both use clunky resistive touchscreen tech. They come bundled with a stylus. Creative ZiiO 7 The two run Android 2 …
Creative have never been a good brand at the best of times. Their sound cards were always hyped with their 24-bit output but they had 16-bit internal processing which made the 24-bit DAC pretty pointless.
So what's with the resistive screens? Sure, when multitouch first appeared you could get away with a resistive screen. But there's few people who haven't had a play on a capacitive screen now.
The only reason to stick with resistive is if you're releasing a tablet for drawing on.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait