Adobe's open source development process for the Flex SDK – the library and tools for building Flash and AIR applications – has hit a roadblock. Flex SDK product manager Deepa Subramaniam last week told MAX the public repository will be closed and patches will no longer be accepted from the community. The change applies to the …
Not true but rather fully or lessly open source projects
Don't believe that because a project is open source it is fully open. Everybody in this kind of project has not necessarly the same level of decision.
Respect must be earned
"We have to respect those teams development process"
Given the results of the development process behind Flash -- an endless stream of security holes that take them weeks/months to fix; a 64-bit version that's years late... -- I see no option but *disrespect*.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court