Digital rights campaign group the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) has called for the abolition of the European Union's Data Retention Directive, the law that demands that telecoms companies retain logs of subscribers' use of their networks. The EFF, based in San Francisco, wants the EU's data protection watchdogs to …
Isn't it ironic...
... that the Yanks seem to be doing more to stop this than our government!
Yeah, unless it's passenger flight details ....
why would they need to bother
They already snoop on all your traffic.
All your base are belong to us!
Ironic perhaps but not surprising.
While the EU DRD was passed IIRC when Germany was in the chair of the EU it was *drafted* in the UK. *supposedly* as a response to the Madrid train bombings.
Something else to remember Tony Blair by
Would be interesting to see a legal challenge in the UK .
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM