Digital rights campaign group the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) has called for the abolition of the European Union's Data Retention Directive, the law that demands that telecoms companies retain logs of subscribers' use of their networks. The EFF, based in San Francisco, wants the EU's data protection watchdogs to …
Isn't it ironic...
... that the Yanks seem to be doing more to stop this than our government!
Yeah, unless it's passenger flight details ....
why would they need to bother
They already snoop on all your traffic.
All your base are belong to us!
Ironic perhaps but not surprising.
While the EU DRD was passed IIRC when Germany was in the chair of the EU it was *drafted* in the UK. *supposedly* as a response to the Madrid train bombings.
Something else to remember Tony Blair by
Would be interesting to see a legal challenge in the UK .
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests