back to article Sex.com sellers roll eyes at $13m price tag

Sex.com may have been sold for $13 million but that isn’t enough for its owners. The deal between Escom and soon-to-be new owner Clover Holdings – an opaque company based in offshore tax haven St Vincent – will go ahead after being given formal approval by Judge Geraldine Mund in Los Angeles on Wednesday. However, the proceeds …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Flame

I feel for them.

It must be really hard to buy a domain name then simply sit on it until someone offers to pay 13+ million dollars. The poor things, we can't even fathom the sorrow they've been through.

Thumb Up

Bwahahahahaaaaa Who don't get screwed in this?

It's a'hard to see who's he screwEE and the screwER in this. What a fabulous story of sex gone badly wrong! Did all involved wear condoms and use water-based lubricants? Any videos of the screwings on rudetube?

feh......time to get the popcorn, oil and plastic sheets to watch this 'grow'

Anonymous Coward

What happens about

What happens about all the cases where sellers have been done by the registry for attempting to profit from domain names? i.e. if I'm in dispute about a domain, and I can show that the owner is offering to sell it to me for a ridiculous price, the resolution is very likely to go in my favour. Why doesn't that apply here?

Anonymous Coward

trademarks

Sex is not a trademark.

Who knew it would be such a hot potato. I sense a Hollywood film on the horizon... And why all the cloak-and-dagger with its various past and future owners?

Typical...

So the saga goes on - that book about the Cohen/Kremen battle will need a 2nd edition before long...

J 3
Pirate

Tutti buona gente...

Shell companies up the kazoo, gee... I suspect the Interpol and similar friendly organizations would have a field day chatting with these characters.

Isn`t enough

The sex market has become very spread these days. It`s normal to read such epic article. Money is never enough for the big company.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums