Russian authorities have launched a rare criminal prosecution against an alleged spammer. Igor Gusev, 31, was charged in absentia with running a prolific penis pill (Canadian Pharmacy) spam operation following a police raid on his Moscow home on Tuesday. Gusev is the general director of Despmedia, an alleged partner of Glavmed. …
Filed Charges?!? Russia has really lost its edge. Not too long ago, they just would have made the guy "disappear".
A good start
Personally, I think lawless ISPs and lawless countries should be walled off.
"but Gusev has been accused of operating a business without registration".
And by "registration" they mean "kickback".
Hmm, I thought 'Canadian Pharmacy' was part of RBN
and that RBN had wide level immunity for their actions. Maybe this is starting to change..
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln