Have tech, but nothing to eat? Don't worry, you can now swap unwanted electrical items for M&S vouchers and feast upon the store's food and fashions. Recycling firm ShP Limited has teamed up with Marks & Spencer to launch a website designed to help reduce the one million tonnes of electronic waste that the UK, apparently, …
so will they take the stuff from your door for free? If so, I like the idea. Doubt I'd get any folding for my outdated tech, but it'd be nice to have somewhere to palm it off to.
somewhere to palm it off to
Otherwise known as Freecycle/Freegle, where assorted poor/green/eBay/car-boot-sale people will happily take just about anything that you care to offer.
Ugh. Those are some pretty appalling prices. 49 squids for a Sony A300? Hop over to eBay, and the going price is closer to 200. A fool and his money, eh?
Or give your unwanted item to a charity shop - some take electricals and if they cant sell them they will make money by "selling" them to one of the recycling companies.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?