The $13m sale of the domain name sex.com has been thrown into doubt after one of its bankrupt owner's creditors made an official objection. Nuthin' But Net (NBN) LLC filed a motion in a California bankruptcy court yesterday, claiming the funds from the sale will be unfairly distributed to "insiders" at the expense of money it is …
More money than brains
Sure, it's "catchy" but 13 mil for a domain name? That just encourages the idiots out there to park on more domainnames. How about sex.sex? I better grab that one first! Ric
I just don't get it
Why would anyone pay $13m for sex.com. OK, I understand the theory of advertising, but why would anyone visit sex.com. OK, I understand the name, but really. Anyone looking for anything nowadays uses google (or their mainstream search engine of choice).
Now I could understand google.xxx selling for $13m (if they ever release .xxx)
dashcoms as well as dotcoms
Domain name sex-sex already taken as well as other "unfamilar" tags such as google-com, google-google and even google-xxx (dashworlds.com)
You'll never outmanuever Google on registering domain names.
They run the searches and know what the punters are mistyping in their searches. They also know that even at $100/yr per domain is cheaper than the lawyers fees if someone else grabs it first.
- Google: Surge in pressure from govts to DELETE CHUNKS of the web
- How much did NSA pay to put a backdoor in RSA crypto? Try $10m – report
- Oi, bank manager. Only you've got my email address - where're these TROJANS coming from?
- Updated ARM server chip upstart Calxeda bites the dust in its quest for 64-bit glory
- Macbook webcams CAN spy on you - and you simply CAN'T TELL