Feeds

back to article eBay opens Instant Sale for lazy gadget sellers

eBay is rolling out a secondhand buying service called Instant Sale for people who can't be bothered to list their unwanted gadgets for auction or through the classifieds. The online tat bazaar has teamed up with some unnamed dealers in the US for the service and is accepting laptops, phones, tablets, PDAs, digital cameras, MP3 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Youth today...

...can't be bothered to wait for the next car boot sale at the weekend to offload all their stolen mobiles, they just have to have instant gratification!

Thumb Down

Do not trust eBay

I was conned by a seller who sold me a 'brand new' Ps3. It turned out to be used and broke 2 days later. eBay has done NOTHING to resolve it. Despite claims of buy protection and a resolution within 72 hrs, 5 weeks have past and it is IMPOSSIBLE to contact eBay. You are just left in maze which leads you back to the start. All emails bounce after 3 or 4 days in their system. Save your money and sanity and do not deal with eBay. Scam artists. It is cheaper in the long run just to go to a real shop and buy what you need.

wut?

So you place your item for sale, they then send a shipping label, you send them the item and they then pay you.

So at one point of the operation, the buyer has your item AND their money. Then they can say "it's not as perfect as described, accept less for it" and if you say no, they still have your item. And if the complaints procedure hasn't been overhauled, you have very little chance of resolving anything.

I might pass.

A title

As far as I can see, it's not random unidentified bidders who are buying your item, but one of several businesses that ebay have teamed up with. Whether they are more or less honest than random members of the public is a question I'll leave hanging.

What Colour is Greed?

Hmm... $56 offered for a brand new HTC Desire. I think not.

Steve.

Silver badge

hmmm

seems they may make a good profit

Archos 605WiFi 160Gbyte HDD + Charger is $47

It's for very lazy people

Z80
Joke

Not too lazy to provide a title.

eBay Instant Sale offer prices.

WTF?

Hmmmm 2...

Garmin Vista HCx, factory refurb/as-new sells on fleaBay proper for about $200-$250. Instant Sale offer price for as-new? $35. So assuming they then turn it around and sell it on, that's what, a 600% markup? I think not!

This topic is closed for new posts.