Easynet's new private equity owners plan to make one in 20 staff redundant, they announced this week. Some 55 jobs are to go as the firm aims to focus on corporate networking customers. Insiders fear more roles are yet to be cut. They said the first casualties include the UK hosting team, the global marketing director and head …
I used to use them for dialup internet back in the day, and hosted a few of my early sites with them. Their support was good (you'd usually talk to the same person each time - try that one BT!) and they had some good ideas like FreeNetName (remember them?).
It's looking more likely I'll have to switch from UKOnline then.
Shame, as it's a bloody good service, albeit at a slightly higher price.
Is that private finance as in actually a load of borrowed money on the assumption that somewhere there is someone who allegedly has the funds to pay back the loans.
Or unusually, is it actually a lot of people with overflowing bank accounts wanting to invest in a company's future?
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know