back to article Firefox update plugs 9 security flaws

Mozilla has released a new version of Firefox that fixes nine flaws, five of which earn the dread rating of critical. Firefox 3.6.11 fixes a quintet of vulnerabilities that create a possible means for hackers to inject hostile code onto vulnerable systems, including two memory corruption flaws and one library load-related …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pari
    Thumb Up

Thanks for the heads up

Did not actualy relise there was an oustanding critical update. Recently I had actually started making use of Chrome but the problem is that Chrome shares the same proxy settings as IE, whereas there is some independance on FF.

Problem with this update is, one of my favourite add-ons now does not work!

1. demo
      Thumb Up

nothing special

As much as i love firefox, i've also been using chrome (or rather chromium) on my box recently. Firefox is getting a tad too slow for my liking. I'm talking about launch times, not necessarily page loading times. I have to wait almost 20seconds until it actually runs lol.

I just hope they sort out the speed issues for the whopping 4.0 release

1. Chemist

@demo

3 seconds to start ( including loading home page) on an old celeron laptop for 3.6.10 on OpenSUSE 11.2

2. Robert A. Rosenberg
    Megaphone

There was also a 3.5 version released

For those who are still using 3.5.x as opposed to 3.6.x, 3.5.14 with the same fixes was released at the same time.

3. John Tserkezis

On add-ons.

If there were no changes to the bits the now out-of-date addon takes advange of, you can cheat in a couple of different ways.

There are a couple of add-ons that work around the version limitation automagically for you, or, if you want to hack the addon yourself, rename the .xpi file to .zip, extract the "install.rdf" file and text edit to a higher version than what it is aleady set to.

Test to see if it works and away you go!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like