Around half of small businesses are using social media, but many do not find it useful, according to research by a small firms trade body. Non-profit trade body the Forum of Private Business (FPB) surveyed 5,800 small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to find out what digital media they used. It said that 52 per cent of firms …
"Around half of small businesses are using social media, but many do not find it useful, according to research by a small firms trade body."
You could also say, about half of small businesses have been sold "social media" as a means to reach their customer base by "media and marketing companies" that have jumped at the opportunity to make a quick buck by setting up a twitter account and doing a facebook page for a few hundred quid. However, generally speaking, when people are thinking of buying a fireplace or a new bathroom, they don't give a fuck about following the company on twitter or being their friend on facebook.
Comment from my users, yesterday
Linkedin is great for 75 million contacts.
All of whom are looking for a job.
is the new favoured place of recruiters who all want to have their own 'groups' where like minded developers can hang out and chat about the latest tech..... because thats what developers like to do eh? (hmm not this one.)
linkedin is like the overflow
for those colleagues who think they're your friend but you don't want them looking at your family photos/drunken exploits on facebook
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst