The Wireless Application Community, operators' last weapon against third-party app stores, has signed up another 32 members, including some familiar names. Most of the new members are network operators, which shouldn't be a surprise as the WAC is supposed to be operator driven, but it seems that 11 of them were waiting before …
Go WAC go!
Since both BONDI and JIL managed to get shipped into actual feature phones before their somewhat forceful merger, I'd say there's a definite chance we'll see WAC-enabled phones in the wild sooner or later - and I say the sooner the better.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Geek's Guide to Britain How the UK's national memory lives in a ROBOT in Kew