The Wireless Application Community, operators' last weapon against third-party app stores, has signed up another 32 members, including some familiar names. Most of the new members are network operators, which shouldn't be a surprise as the WAC is supposed to be operator driven, but it seems that 11 of them were waiting before …
Go WAC go!
Since both BONDI and JIL managed to get shipped into actual feature phones before their somewhat forceful merger, I'd say there's a definite chance we'll see WAC-enabled phones in the wild sooner or later - and I say the sooner the better.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star