Government subsidy product = engineering nightmare
a private firm says "here's the plan"
1. Planning Budget
2. Engineered design
4. Build the fucker.
Government subsidised projects have a tendency to go
1. planning budget plus surplus to go on buying and refitting whatever Grade II listed wreck is local and restoring it into the local project building including some sort of never-visisted visitors center.
2. engineering draft 1 to be approved by a bunch of ex-lawyer wanks that all say things like "looks good, but Ive got a concerned email here from NIMBY of wales who wants the concrete to be not as tall, cant you make a bit wider and a bit lower?
3. Repeat Step 2 for as many ministers and backbencers as want to get involved so they can say they had a hand in the creation of the green project.
4. pay all these wanks.
5. Aquisition of resources to be put up for bids
6. construction overrun costs due to problems with lowest-bidder-wins-and-then-rapes-you system
7. construction halted due to one ministers insistence that there must be a college grad to staand in the mud and look for newts
8. construction halted due to house of lord inquiry into the misallotment of funds and porkbarrelling.
9. pay these wanks
10. Media gets a hold of it and stirs up a big fuss about the newts.
11. ministers abandon support, claiming its a horrid idea and god look at the money thats been spend already and we still dont have it made.