Feeds

back to article Nokia heralds Symbian^3 with C7 smartphone

Nokia is now allowing its fans to place advance orders for its upcoming C7 capacitive touchscreen smartphone. Nokia C7 The handset goes on sale direct from Nokia next week, but there's only a further seven days' wait if you want to buy one from someone else. Not that much need, then, to order early, we'd say. If you do, it's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Played with one of these

The silver one (Frosty metal???) is really nice. I prefer the looks to the N8, but it doesn't have the same camera or the HDMI out which is a shame (but it is a lot cheaper, and the pictures are still pretty good)

Still, it works nicely and looks great.

why oh why

..couldn't Nokia have brought this out before I bought this piece of crap HTC desire?

Looks nice

£317 from Handtec, unlocked and SIM free.

And will work great with the recently announced DAB headset from Nokia which works using USB On-The-Go:

http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/10/18/launch-dab-digital-radio-headset

A DVB-H video version also available too for those where DVB-H is supported.

Good to see Nokia taking advantage of one of Symbian^3s unique selling points, USB On-The-Go. No other mobile OS has support for this feature, not even WP7, yet Symbian is still perceived as a dinosaur. Fricking unreal.

WTF?

QWERTY

Does this also have the horrible feature of no portrait qwerty keyboard? that's just a terrible design choice.

Go

@QWERTY

Probably, although I find portrait fully qwerty soft keyboards nigh on unusable due to being too cramped - a T9 version for portrait should work well, with qwerty for landscape.

If you fancy an alternative official Swype support landed in Ovi Store over the weekend.

Troll

I'll get meself one

Sorry, it's just too shiny and I'm feeling like a magpie...

This topic is closed for new posts.