People expecting some big and pleasant surprises out of Big Blue in its third quarter are probably going to be disappointed that IBM did exactly and precisely what it said it would do. Revenues were up 3 per cent to $24.3bn, and net income climbed 11.7 per cent to $3.6bn. To help generate some enthusiasm for IBM's share price, …
Reality is the bottom line ... Cash talks, bullshit walks.
IBM's Price/Earnings is currently 13.34 ... AAPL's is 25.79 ... Neither are on my personal "buy" listie, but AAPL is labeled with a very loud "NO!!!" in that particular department ... and at least IBM pays dividends.
POWER is DEAD
IBM is taking the POWER slide - down 13% year over year.
Watch for the 4th quarter...
Matt ? Is that you ?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones