AOL, News Corp and a number of private equity outfits are reportedly circling Yahoo! in possible bids to buy the web portal. The Wall Street Journal cites “people familiar with the matter” who claimed that Silver Lake Partners and Blackstone Group LP are mulling a plan to help AOL purchase the Carol-Bartz-run firm. They are …
Mostly-forgotten web portal seeks to buy mostly-forgotten search engine.
Silver Lake Partners = Vulture Capital
And we've not talking about nice El Reg vultures either. I suppose if you're an investor (or whatever with them) then you'll make momey. But if you happen to be working for whoever they buy up, then you're in for a bumpy ride (which may involve you losing your job).
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about
- New Snapchat Snapcash service inspires amateur PORN STARS