AOL, News Corp and a number of private equity outfits are reportedly circling Yahoo! in possible bids to buy the web portal. The Wall Street Journal cites “people familiar with the matter” who claimed that Silver Lake Partners and Blackstone Group LP are mulling a plan to help AOL purchase the Carol-Bartz-run firm. They are …
Mostly-forgotten web portal seeks to buy mostly-forgotten search engine.
Silver Lake Partners = Vulture Capital
And we've not talking about nice El Reg vultures either. I suppose if you're an investor (or whatever with them) then you'll make momey. But if you happen to be working for whoever they buy up, then you're in for a bumpy ride (which may involve you losing your job).
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- NOW we know why Apple went running to IBM: iPad is an iFAD
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball