AOL, News Corp and a number of private equity outfits are reportedly circling Yahoo! in possible bids to buy the web portal. The Wall Street Journal cites “people familiar with the matter” who claimed that Silver Lake Partners and Blackstone Group LP are mulling a plan to help AOL purchase the Carol-Bartz-run firm. They are …
Mostly-forgotten web portal seeks to buy mostly-forgotten search engine.
Silver Lake Partners = Vulture Capital
And we've not talking about nice El Reg vultures either. I suppose if you're an investor (or whatever with them) then you'll make momey. But if you happen to be working for whoever they buy up, then you're in for a bumpy ride (which may involve you losing your job).
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search