Magnetic induction charging specialist Powermat has revamped its line up of wireless chargers, slimming down the adaptors that add power pick-ups to phones and other handheld gadgets. If you own a Nokia N97, or BlackBerry 9700, 8520, 9320 or 9330 you'll now be able to get an adaptor that leaves your handset barely thicker than …
USB for iPhone
Surely the best feature for iPhone users is that you are getting a micro USB port added to your iPhone rather than the silly ipod dock connector?!
re:USB for iPhone
Actually that iPhone /iPod connector is vey good, and provides a stronger physical connection, handy when docked in the car for example.
I think you're missing AC's point...
It's still a proprietary adapter, so regardless whether or not it's sturdy, you can only connect Apple designed shit to it using Apple connectors. Micro USB on the other hand is as it says on the tin; Universal.
Apple stifle innovation
Indeed, we're not all slaves to apple you know - they are practically the only people not to offer a universal connection standard for their devices. This actually prevents innovation and stifles competition, which is exactly what they are after.
First and foremost apple are a marketing company. They just happen to sell computers and other tech.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2