Magnetic induction charging specialist Powermat has revamped its line up of wireless chargers, slimming down the adaptors that add power pick-ups to phones and other handheld gadgets. If you own a Nokia N97, or BlackBerry 9700, 8520, 9320 or 9330 you'll now be able to get an adaptor that leaves your handset barely thicker than …
USB for iPhone
Surely the best feature for iPhone users is that you are getting a micro USB port added to your iPhone rather than the silly ipod dock connector?!
re:USB for iPhone
Actually that iPhone /iPod connector is vey good, and provides a stronger physical connection, handy when docked in the car for example.
I think you're missing AC's point...
It's still a proprietary adapter, so regardless whether or not it's sturdy, you can only connect Apple designed shit to it using Apple connectors. Micro USB on the other hand is as it says on the tin; Universal.
Apple stifle innovation
Indeed, we're not all slaves to apple you know - they are practically the only people not to offer a universal connection standard for their devices. This actually prevents innovation and stifles competition, which is exactly what they are after.
First and foremost apple are a marketing company. They just happen to sell computers and other tech.
- Oh noes, fanbois! iPhone 6 Plus shipments 'DELAYED' in the UK
- The sound of silence: One excited atom is so quiet that the human ear cannot detect it
- Bloat-free, unlocked Moto X to be dubbed 'Pure Edition', says report
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way