Wall Street moneymen pumped AMD's stock up by as much as seven per cent after the chip maker announced lower year-on-year losses Thursday, a gain that settled back to about four per cent after the initial buzz mellowed. In its third fiscal quarter, AMD announced on Thursday, the company took in $1.62bn for a net loss of $118m. …
Let's hope AMD is making progress
Without AMD we'd still be using Pentium 90's and paying $1000 a pop for them. Let's hope AMD continues to offer practical performance at an affordable price. Few people need bleeding edge tech. Most folks want good performance and value which seems to be a good market segment for AMD.
Intel has also predicted less than upbeat 4th qtr. sales as the economic depression worldwide shows no signs of improving. Contrary to political hype, reality shows that unemployed people do not purchase many goods and services, which results in more unemployment in an endless downward spiral. Flapping their lips will not create jobs nor end an economic recession.
Since the Tablet is the perennial brainfart that doesn't catch on , skip it.
Here, Here, AMD does it again!
Hi, the Fusion will be a great product for the notebook, netbook and future tablet market. If you are a gamer, you probably will stay with a separate cpu and video card, but for the rest of us, Fusion will be the answer!!!
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM