Communications-chip heavyweight Broadcom announced Wednesday that it will acquire Beceem Communications, a fabless designer of dual-mode 4G wireless chips that support both the rising LTE and fading WiMAX standards. "The acquisition of Beceem accelerates Broadcom's time-to-market in 4G," Broadcom's announcement of the deal …
Good news for world road warriors
With both Wimax and LTE deployed across the world, it is good that Broadcom is offering a universal solution to the many road warriors who travel around the world.
better news for the beceem employees,
those of whom will not be laid off that is.
i know something about how beceem used to work in bangalore that i will not repeat here, except to say that working conditions in Broadcom should be a whole lot better.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court