Communications-chip heavyweight Broadcom announced Wednesday that it will acquire Beceem Communications, a fabless designer of dual-mode 4G wireless chips that support both the rising LTE and fading WiMAX standards. "The acquisition of Beceem accelerates Broadcom's time-to-market in 4G," Broadcom's announcement of the deal …
Good news for world road warriors
With both Wimax and LTE deployed across the world, it is good that Broadcom is offering a universal solution to the many road warriors who travel around the world.
better news for the beceem employees,
those of whom will not be laid off that is.
i know something about how beceem used to work in bangalore that i will not repeat here, except to say that working conditions in Broadcom should be a whole lot better.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked