Quantum's latest deduplication product, the DXi8500, is twice as fast as the previous DXi7500 big box, but holds slightly less data. The DXi8500 offers from 20 to 200TB of usable capacity, which it can fill up at a rate of 6.4TB/hr. The effectively-replaced DXi7500 offered up to 220TB of usable capacity and a maximum ingest rate …
Who needs a Boost!
When these impressive backup speeds (6.4TB/hr) can be obtained with a VTL interface, you have to ask why you would look at changing or adopting a preparatory technology like Boost. VTL is open to all backup software, with little or no change to the backup environment.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats