Quantum's latest deduplication product, the DXi8500, is twice as fast as the previous DXi7500 big box, but holds slightly less data. The DXi8500 offers from 20 to 200TB of usable capacity, which it can fill up at a rate of 6.4TB/hr. The effectively-replaced DXi7500 offered up to 220TB of usable capacity and a maximum ingest rate …
Who needs a Boost!
When these impressive backup speeds (6.4TB/hr) can be obtained with a VTL interface, you have to ask why you would look at changing or adopting a preparatory technology like Boost. VTL is open to all backup software, with little or no change to the backup environment.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...