Hitachi GST has caught up with its competitors, announcing a 600GB, 2.5-inch enterprise drive and claiming better power-efficiency than anyone else. The Ultrastar C10K600 spins at 10,000rpm and is a 3-platter drive, with a 341Gbit/in2 areal density drive and comes in 300, 450 and 600GB capacity points. Hitachi GST claims its …
After IBM/Hitachi's deathstar incident I doubt I'd ever buy or recommend their drives to anyone now.
says it all....
Past history says that shortly after you use it, you will have 100% less power usage than the nearest competitor.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…