A London-based "blackhat SEO" has demonstrated a means of gaming the popular link-exchange site Reddit, using fake accounts to artificially boost voting on selected stories. In a blog post, the blackhat known only as Esrun – who also claims to work for a London-based search marketing agency – offers up a video in which he …
Crackers these days are getting lazy with their naming....
Nothing new move along
This is nothing new, i have been doing this on Digg Reddit Mix etc etc for years now.
And trust me it doesn't take any magic blackhat skills to achieve, anyone can create a reddit upvote bot in under 30 mins using off the self "macro style" software like UBOT or IMACRO.
Now how do i get 200+ votes on this comment
Definition of a spammer
Looks like he's also playing with Urban Dictionary - http://www.esrun.co.uk/blog/gaming-urban-dictionary-for-fun/
Isn't that tautological? They are all low-life parasites.
Is gaming Reddit the online equivalent...
...of passing yourself off as mentally disabled so you can win a medal at the Special Olympics?
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity
- Yahoo! blames! MONSTER! email! OUTAGE! on! CUT! CABLE! bungle!
- 'Snoopers' Charter IS DEAD', Lib Dems claim as party waves through IP address-matching