Memory specialist Crucial has released a set of 1.8in SSDs. Based on its C300 RealSSD line of notebook drives, the new, smaller versions are intended for folk looking to upgrade netbooks or sub-notebooks that are too slim to take 2.5in drives. The 1.8in drives use MLC (Multi-Level Cell) Flash and are available in capacities of …
no ZIF variant
there are loads of people around with small laptops with 1.8" PATA drives which have ZIF connectors
please please please, will these manufacturers product more SSDs for us?
the choice is currently quite limited - seemingly only photofast haven't neglected us.
Re: no ZIF variant
SuperTalent and UnCore both do ZIF PATA SSDs:
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?