Big Blue will launch a new high-end storage array today, the DS8800, which only uses SFF disk drives, abandoning fat 3.5-inch drives. There will be up to 1056 hard disk drives and they will use a SAS 6Gbit/sec interface. The architecture supports much more than that number of drives. It is like HP's P9500 in not supporting 3.5- …
Need to see the rest of the spec to understand the real potential value add. Front end bandwidth is a big thing, especially with the trend to virtual server infrastructure pretty much everywhere.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware