Big Blue will launch a new high-end storage array today, the DS8800, which only uses SFF disk drives, abandoning fat 3.5-inch drives. There will be up to 1056 hard disk drives and they will use a SAS 6Gbit/sec interface. The architecture supports much more than that number of drives. It is like HP's P9500 in not supporting 3.5- …
Need to see the rest of the spec to understand the real potential value add. Front end bandwidth is a big thing, especially with the trend to virtual server infrastructure pretty much everywhere.
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes