Hewlett-Packard jumps into the CPU-GPU fray today from Barcelona, Spain, where it is launching its second generation of cookie sheet servers, the SL6500 Scalable System. The cookie sheet servers are designed by HP for hyperscale customers who need more density than standard rack-based servers can deliver, but who are also …
No need to pay a premium.
The running joke here is that cardboard boxes are Just Fine, as long as they are Redundant Cardboard Boxes. We are professionals, after all.
Helmer - trayless cookie tray server farm
I like this one myself, although personally I wouldn't have gone for a separate PSU for each shelf. Using plastic for the shelf instead of a metal tray also avoids needing the rubber mat...
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen