Hewlett-Packard jumps into the CPU-GPU fray today from Barcelona, Spain, where it is launching its second generation of cookie sheet servers, the SL6500 Scalable System. The cookie sheet servers are designed by HP for hyperscale customers who need more density than standard rack-based servers can deliver, but who are also …
No need to pay a premium.
The running joke here is that cardboard boxes are Just Fine, as long as they are Redundant Cardboard Boxes. We are professionals, after all.
Helmer - trayless cookie tray server farm
I like this one myself, although personally I wouldn't have gone for a separate PSU for each shelf. Using plastic for the shelf instead of a metal tray also avoids needing the rubber mat...
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED