Hewlett-Packard jumps into the CPU-GPU fray today from Barcelona, Spain, where it is launching its second generation of cookie sheet servers, the SL6500 Scalable System. The cookie sheet servers are designed by HP for hyperscale customers who need more density than standard rack-based servers can deliver, but who are also …
No need to pay a premium.
The running joke here is that cardboard boxes are Just Fine, as long as they are Redundant Cardboard Boxes. We are professionals, after all.
Helmer - trayless cookie tray server farm
I like this one myself, although personally I wouldn't have gone for a separate PSU for each shelf. Using plastic for the shelf instead of a metal tray also avoids needing the rubber mat...
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?