Hewlett-Packard jumps into the CPU-GPU fray today from Barcelona, Spain, where it is launching its second generation of cookie sheet servers, the SL6500 Scalable System. The cookie sheet servers are designed by HP for hyperscale customers who need more density than standard rack-based servers can deliver, but who are also …
No need to pay a premium.
The running joke here is that cardboard boxes are Just Fine, as long as they are Redundant Cardboard Boxes. We are professionals, after all.
Helmer - trayless cookie tray server farm
I like this one myself, although personally I wouldn't have gone for a separate PSU for each shelf. Using plastic for the shelf instead of a metal tray also avoids needing the rubber mat...
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats