back to article Official: Windows Phone 7 to launch next week

Microsoft has confirmed that Windows Phone 7 will be launched globally on 11 October. That the company is hosting an even on that day was well known, but so far the reason for it was not. Some pundits said company insiders insisted that the launch was nothing to do with MS' alternative to Android and iOS, but an online calendar …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Down

Short notice

But that's no way near enough time to organise my Windows Phone 7 party?!

:-o

Silver badge
FAIL

Register headline "Microsoft caps Ballmer bonus over mobile phone" says it all

Early market pioneers often serve as market guinea-pigs by providing marketing intelligence for subsequent competitors.

But there is a point where latecomers to market suffer ignominy in 'me too' features and low sales.

Of course Microsoft has another persuader, if you make a handset with our OS we won't sue you, too much.

Go

excited

been waiting for this a long time, bring it on!

Anonymous Coward

I've already seen it

It was really nice, I'm just not sure what the hook is going to be. I think it'll do well enough in an unspectacular way.

FAIL

Late to the party

Try well past the closing of the bar, Windows phones have been nursed along since the days of pocket pc. This release has been waited for since before the applephone surfaced. It all seems a bit like releasing a 486-dx33 now anyone who has used a windows phone won't go back to it as it's terrible and most new buyers want ios or android.

Thumb Down

I agree

I made the mistake of owning a win phone a few years ago (O2 XDA II). Absolutely awful phone. slow, unintuative, battery draining, crash-prone, insecure, difficult to integrate, shoddily built, unresponsive, and the size of a breezeblock. A total piss-take of a phone. Never again.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums