Captains of the two Ryder Cup teams will ban golfers from using Twitter and Facebook during the tournament, but there is much flip-flopping afoot. After two European golfers went against team orders, a compromise has been struck so that golfers may continue to tweet providing they avoid discussing team tactics or anything else …
Do it. Or not. Whatever.
"After two European golfers went against team orders, a compromise has been struck..."
So team discipline is still an issue eh? Well there's a surprise...
I'll be at the 19th.
"...golfers may continue to tweet providing they avoid discussing team tactics or anything else said in team talks."
Yeah, golf tactics. Pretty much the same for everyone:
Step 1: Hit the ball towards the hole.
Step 2: If the ball isn't in the hole, go back to step 1.
could be contractual
if they got some kind of deal to advertise some telco or something.
or another way to look at it is ; no tweeting at work, since these are pro sports men and women.
Golf is a good walk, ruined.
Twitter and Facebook are a good intertubes, ruined.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…