I hate my droid
I wish I never bought one from Motorola. Here's what I have to deal with:
- crappy apps - most apps for the droid are miserably written I-Phone knock-offs.
- eats batteries
- ringer control on side on phone, where you hold it - easy to turn off ringer
- during calls, on-screen keypad disappears if the phone is moved even slightly - annoying when making calls to automated services.
- tries opening all pictures at once, no matter how many folders they are stored in. Can slow system to a crawl before the photo gallery app crashes.
- Horrible notepad apps - I wish I had MS Notepad back.
- map navigator function is messed up - it actually tried to send me in an infinite circle on a circular cul-de-sac road. I found this out when I saw the same dog being walked - three times!
- apps get too "friendly" with the other data on my phone - who knows who is writing those third party apps.
- browser has no flash capability - if the web site doesn't have a non-flash option, you're out of luck.
- calculator has no percentage - WTF ????
- battery cover comes off all the time - I'm going to lose it someday.
- totally flat keyboard - no space between keys. They had a much better keyboard on the Motorola Q phone.
In fact, the only two things the droid does well is make voice calls and it's voice recognition system, which is very smart. Unfortunately, these two saving graces are not enough to save the droid from itself. The Droid is an idiot savant - it can do two things very well, but it is otherwise useless.