Feeds

back to article Google hands number 7 shirt to Chrome browser

Google spun out the first version 7 stable beta of its Chrome browser yesterday. Mountain View updated Chrome to 7.0.517.24 for Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome Frame. But the latest release is light on new features, which has left some Chrome fans a bit nonplussed. “Beta already are you sure?” asked Blaz Pristy in the comments …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Chrome Core

They'd be better to spend their time adding that hardware accelerated CSS to the Chrome for Android browser.

For that matter rebranding the browser in Android to Chrome would be a great idea, what with them sharing rendering and javascript engines.

Boffin

Version 7 already?

Are they trying to catch up with Emacs or something?

Silver badge
WTF?

I've been thinking this

They've already got more major version numbers than every main player except Internet Explorer. WTF? Can you really see six or seven versions worth of difference between Chrome 1 and the current release?

Alert

Agreed

Google's irresponsible use of numbers will leave us all short-handed before long. It's like IPv4 all over again.

Thumb Down

Had it with Chrome

I've had it with Chrome. It keeps pegging out and saying the sites I'm trying to access have ceased to co-operate despite FFox and Sfari finding them fine.

I have done my tolerant share of nursing lameware. From now on stuff better work out of the box or it's 'istory, mate.

google chrome

having used google chrome for a few months now using the current stable version version 6 im more than happy to try google chrome version 7 once officially released as long as google doesnt remove features from it making it almost useless cause thats not what i want but i guess il see in the next build i dont do betas i prefer proper final stable builds that are complete

Anonymous Coward

you dropped something.

......,,,,,........?-

There, you just need to insert them correctly.

Anonymous Coward

You missed:

''' and <caps>...

Paris Hilton

Phantom

But will they resurect phantom tabs?

This topic is closed for new posts.