Dot Hill has introduced its first 10Gbit/E iSCSI storage array, pitching the box'of'disks at rich media apps. The rackmount AssuredSAN 3420 and 3430 have a 10Gbit/E interface for iSCSI block access, making them well suited, Dot Hill says, for streaming video applications, rich media post-production, servers with lots of virtual …
It may say dothill on the box....
but will it have their own firmware? Big problem with dotHill was they didn't own the firmware on their FC arrays and fixing bugs took forever.
When they worked, they were fast - drive them too hard though and the nightmare starts.
Hopefully they'll own the firmware and the coders to perform the fixed because they deserve to survive.
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops