That Nokia feels the need to tell World+Dog that it has begun shipping its N8 smartphone speaks volumes. The N8, announced back in April, is Nokia's new flagship, and it's keen to ensure the roll out goes smoothly. Its reputation is riding on it, a successful launch showing it can hold its own in an iOS and Android dominated …
Highest preorders of any Nokia phone
So they are having problems satisfying the unexpectedly high demand. Didn't that happen with iPhones, Wii, iPad, DS etc? Given the turnaround time of component purchasing and handset manufacture, buying now for endof Oct doesn't seem too horrendous.
Better to have too many orders than too few....
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON