That Nokia feels the need to tell World+Dog that it has begun shipping its N8 smartphone speaks volumes. The N8, announced back in April, is Nokia's new flagship, and it's keen to ensure the roll out goes smoothly. Its reputation is riding on it, a successful launch showing it can hold its own in an iOS and Android dominated …
Highest preorders of any Nokia phone
So they are having problems satisfying the unexpectedly high demand. Didn't that happen with iPhones, Wii, iPad, DS etc? Given the turnaround time of component purchasing and handset manufacture, buying now for endof Oct doesn't seem too horrendous.
Better to have too many orders than too few....
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph
- Google lets wannabe Glass Explorers ADMIRE THEMSELVES in their own mirrors
- Leaked photos may indicate slimmer next-generation iPad
- Liftoff! SpaceX Falcon 9 lifts Dragon on third resupply mission to ISS