That Nokia feels the need to tell World+Dog that it has begun shipping its N8 smartphone speaks volumes. The N8, announced back in April, is Nokia's new flagship, and it's keen to ensure the roll out goes smoothly. Its reputation is riding on it, a successful launch showing it can hold its own in an iOS and Android dominated …
Highest preorders of any Nokia phone
So they are having problems satisfying the unexpectedly high demand. Didn't that happen with iPhones, Wii, iPad, DS etc? Given the turnaround time of component purchasing and handset manufacture, buying now for endof Oct doesn't seem too horrendous.
Better to have too many orders than too few....
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth
- What did you see, Elder Galaxies? What made you age so quickly?