HP's board has elected ex-SAP CEO Léo Apotheker as their company's new CEO and president, and provided him with a seat on the board. Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers managing partner Ray Lane was also named as non-executive chairman with a seat on the board. "Léo is a strategic thinker with a passion for technology, wide- …
Is someone trying to mend fences with Oracle
is someone have a quick stir?
who we just hired as our new non-exec chairman (this guy: http://news.cnet.com/2009-1001-243126.html) I'd say not
Someone said there was an article floating around with the title "HP declares war on Oracle" or something like that
@AC nend fences?
Ray Lane .. as in ex-Orcl? that's not so much mending fences as in creating a new Berlin Wall ....
is what I call a slap in the face to Oracle.
Bring on the war, and let the best businesspeople be the victors. To arms, lads! To arms!
5th on the list
It's bad when the top 4 tell you thanks but no thanks. HP is f'd and its not worth the millions for the headache.
I saw today two IBMers were offered the job and said no. I also heard Charles Phillips was offered and #2 at Apple.
Praise the lord for the ink cash cow, otherwise this sick puppy would have to be put down.
Make it so!
Looks scarily like Jean-Luc Picard !
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...