Feeds

back to article Nokia C6 smartphone

Nokia's midrange C6 is effectively a budget version of last year's N97 but still manages to pack in a slide-out Qwerty keyboard, Wi-Fi, HSDPA, a 5Mp camera and A-GPS with turn-by-turn satnav as standard. Being the C6-00, it runs on the Symbian S60 5th Edition, unlike the C6-01 unveiled at Nokiaworld this month, which runs …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Paris Hilton

Never say never

"but it's resistive rather than capacitive, which is never a preferable option."

Actually i know people who wont buy capacitive displays.

Seems to be a weird gender specific reason.

Capacitive doesnt react to tapping via finger nails.

WTF?

'but social networking could have been better integrated'

Why on earth does a phone's ability to integrate with social networking sites 'out of the box' make a blind bit of difference to how you rate this phone?

Not all of us are sad enough/insecure enough to feel the need to share every minute detail of our day to day lives in real time, and Symbian as a mature OS is very, very well catered for by thousands of apps (just because they're not in the Ovi store doesn't mean they don't exist)

iPlayer

The web browser might not do flash for the BBC iPlayer but there's an iPlayer app that works fine on S60 phones. It's in the Ovi store.

iPlayer app

is available on Ovi for Symbian. At least for the Xpress 5800.

X10 mini pro...

..is the same price if you wanted an android alternative. Probably cheaper now that it's been out for a bit.

comparable features but smaller. Probably better IMO

Bronze badge
Thumb Down

X10 Mini Pro

Yeah, I already have this phone and the only niggle with it is that the screen can be a litle weird at times.

The keyboard on that is pretty good for its size. Personally I would go for android every time over symbian. Im not that impressed with Nokia any more

The last Nokia phone I had was the E70 - which was great, until they decided they couldnt be bothered to support it - which makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Alert

IPlayer app

Couldn't give a toss about I-Player, it is an excuse for the BBC to want you to have a TV Licence for your phone.

I am after a new phone and will consider this one, but I would be temped by the Motorola Milestone, if I can find it on a good deal.

This topic is closed for new posts.