The competition between Ubuntu and Fedora's entered a new phase, with Tuesday's release of the Fedora 14 beta. Final releases of each Linux distro's next update are due next month, and Fedora - the duller cousin - shadows Ubuntu in two areas where the Canonical team are pushing hard: netbooks and cloud computing. Fresh from …
Fedora folk must be getting increasingly peeved with such commentary given the amount of actual work they put into Ubuntu....to which Canonical et al contribute virtually nothing themselves other than marekting spin and failed attempts at prettiness.
Live by the GPL
Die by the GPL.
Nothing to do with it...
Not a matter of life and death, most contribs make plenty of dosh elsewhere, its just about giving credit where its due. Bigging up Ubuntu in this way is just plain silly.
/gets in first
Ubuntu is used by desktop types. Fedora is a proving ground for RHEL and CentOS. Fedora will never be flash (I bloody hope) and Ubuntu will always focus on the single user. You're comparing apples and oranges.
Python out of the box? I hope that means Ruby ripper is fixed on Fedora.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs