Viking Modular wants to sell a heck of a lot more SAS interface solid state drives (SSD) by cutting what it says is the artificially high price premium they enjoy over SATA SSDs. The company, a division of Sanmina-SCI, announced a pair of SAS interface solid state drives (SSDs) a week or so ago and the performance numbers have …
The price gap between 7200RPM SAS and SATA disks is almost inexistant nowadays. In fact, we just ordered a few dozen SAS disks that were priced a couple of dollars lower than the SATA versions... probably something odd in the pricing but it shows how that difference is very small.
"artificially high price premium"
Now all we have to do is find out what the bloody price is without an "artificially high price premium".
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!