Tuesday morning, a rumor popped up that Apple COO Tim Cook was to become HP's CEO. Apple's stock took a beating. And Tuesday afternoon, the rumor was denied. "Tim Cook will not be going to HP, he loves Apple," a well-placed source told Barron's Tiernan Ray after talking with Cook over coffee a few miles north of One Infinite …
Why would Cook, who has been groomed to be the next CEO, jump apple cart for an uncertain boring HP when Apple is doing so well?
And todo el mundo (world + dog in Regspeak) knows Jobs will be leaving the company at some point in the future.
...why would he swap a job at a company which makes neat things for one at a company that makes its living on boring government contracts and laying off the people who used to make neat things.
We've got the HP/Microsoft Slate to look forward to ...
When we're tired of life.
I do like the way that the massive kick in the nuts that Apple's stock took at the start of trading, as shown on the first part of the graphic, is labelled "(c) Yahoo" at the bottom of it.
Are Yahoo trying to send a subtle message here?
greed is good
Buy low in the morning, sell high in the afternoon - tis the only law of the City
Methinks Gordon Gecko's been trading Apple stock this week and spreading his own rumours to improve his profit
It could be a really good move for HP to hire him,
I just don't see what he'd get out of it.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't