The Pirate Bay appeal in Sweden got underway this morning, but only three of the four men found guilty in April 2009 of being accessories to breaching copyright laws turned up in court. Gottfrid Svartholm Warg failed to show up at the hearing in Stockholm’s Svea Court of Appeal, the Associated Press reported. Svartholm Warg’s …
Note from Mum ...
[ordered to produce a doctor’s certificate by 7 October to allow for his case to be heard separately.]
... not enough
Crackly line from Cambodia was it? I'm sure that should be Pirate fever......
Uphold the previous decision plus penalties
IMO the sentences and damages should be doubled for abusing the judicial system with a bogus appeal. If they are unable to pay the fines then they should have an additional five years added to their sentences.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'