The Pirate Bay appeal in Sweden got underway this morning, but only three of the four men found guilty in April 2009 of being accessories to breaching copyright laws turned up in court. Gottfrid Svartholm Warg failed to show up at the hearing in Stockholm’s Svea Court of Appeal, the Associated Press reported. Svartholm Warg’s …
Note from Mum ...
[ordered to produce a doctor’s certificate by 7 October to allow for his case to be heard separately.]
... not enough
Crackly line from Cambodia was it? I'm sure that should be Pirate fever......
Uphold the previous decision plus penalties
IMO the sentences and damages should be doubled for abusing the judicial system with a bogus appeal. If they are unable to pay the fines then they should have an additional five years added to their sentences.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates