A security researcher has discovered a potentially crippling vulnerability in one of the most widely used botnet toolkits, a finding that makes it easy for blackhats and whitehats alike to take control of huge networks of infected PCs. The flaw in the Zeus crimeware kit makes it trivial to hijack the C&C, or command and control …
..how long before botnet toolkit 'providers' have their own 'Patch Tuesday'
..or maybe they already have.
What colour hat[s] shall I wear today, says I to me and they to we.
"Disclosure of this issue is a bit tricky." ..... :-) Now, that made me smile ...... http://xs-sniper.com/blog/2010/09/27/turning-the-tables/
turnaround is fair play?
Set the botnet to:
attack Zeus writes
attack other botnets, and create an all out war
uninstall itself (after downloading and installing all windows updates)
install linux, and destroy the windows folder
Nearly upvoted you
But then I read your final line and can't help but feel as though you were being serious.
Now that's irony!
Howe about using the backdoor to install antivirus on these peoples computers and then charge them for it?
It's what they deserve, you have to admit
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan