A security researcher has discovered a potentially crippling vulnerability in one of the most widely used botnet toolkits, a finding that makes it easy for blackhats and whitehats alike to take control of huge networks of infected PCs. The flaw in the Zeus crimeware kit makes it trivial to hijack the C&C, or command and control …
..how long before botnet toolkit 'providers' have their own 'Patch Tuesday'
..or maybe they already have.
What colour hat[s] shall I wear today, says I to me and they to we.
"Disclosure of this issue is a bit tricky." ..... :-) Now, that made me smile ...... http://xs-sniper.com/blog/2010/09/27/turning-the-tables/
turnaround is fair play?
Set the botnet to:
attack Zeus writes
attack other botnets, and create an all out war
uninstall itself (after downloading and installing all windows updates)
install linux, and destroy the windows folder
Nearly upvoted you
But then I read your final line and can't help but feel as though you were being serious.
Now that's irony!
Howe about using the backdoor to install antivirus on these peoples computers and then charge them for it?
It's what they deserve, you have to admit
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE