Feeds

back to article Sharp outs little'n'large e-mag tablets

Sharp has introduced 'Galapagos' - its 10.8in iPad-alike media tablet. The Japanese giant has also come up with a 5.5in junior version of the product. The bigger model sports a 1366 x 800 widescreen resolution display and it incorporates 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, but Sharp hasn't really said any more than that about the gadget's spec. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Welcome

I for one...

welcome this new os called Galapag

Silver badge
Happy

Memory, interconnection & OS will determine the winner

Given that pads are minimalist computers the add-on memory capability, connectors and interconnection become increasingly important. Sound is a good accessory.

The OS will also be a determinant due to the App availability.

Don't buy yet, many more about to flood the market!

Bronze badge

So Private

do you want your boots too big or too small? - old joke.

The correct answer is of course "I want seven inches".

trackball?

I'm assuming this is a touchscreen device so why does it need a track ball, and hopefully Sharp are riding the android bandwagon or there will be little or no apps to support this thing

Interesting they go for a Streak and iPad compete but leave the 7" market alone (for now)

Anonymous Coward

Touchscreen & Trackball...

.....are the antedote to read-tap asymmetry - personally will never buy an Android phone/device without a trackball though many manufacturers are now failing to include one.

Don't believe me? Next time you see someone using one try racing through a large document edit or browsing a conventional website at the smallest readable size - touchscreen only versus trackball.

Jobs Horns

Me wants

If not else, because the designers didn't fear I would get confused by having more than one physical button...

h 6
FAIL

Size

that think looks huge!

As the nun said to the vicar?

n/t

Anonymous Coward

Why a trackball?

I have a mouse and cursor keys on my PC, also have page up/down etc. and a scroll wheel. Different uses can benefit from different controls.

Trackball for use in applications where sliding your finger around the screen just gets in the way.

Iwantoneofthose

...or both if not too expensive,but,I am willing to bet that they will be in the same price range as the iPad.

Thumb Up

... not another one !!

... But still , Pretty girls ... yum,yum !!

Coat

@So Private

> The correct answer is of course "I want seven inches".

however, if you look, its the ones handling the 10-inchers who are smiling

This topic is closed for new posts.