Seagate has been in discussion with a pair of private equity firms about a move off the stock market and back into private ownership, according to reports. The alleged discussions have been reported by normally reliable Reuters, Bloomberg and others. The talks between Seagate, TPG Capital and Silver Lake Partners have not …
Check the NYTimes
...the biggest thing that spooks me about buying Seagate is that Maxtor branding, and what it stands for.
I don't like WD, especially since the non-TLER stunt they pulled on all their Caviar Blacks - and I find myself wanting a new 1TB RAID-capable drive, but finding there are no 1TB RE4s in stock, anywhere I look.
I may try Samsung F1s.
Go Away Seagate
Seagate has been dying for a long time. Piss poor customer service and shit management will kill just about any business given enough time. They should have replaced the management team two years ago.
What once was.......
I used to buy and advise people to buy a seagate drive years ago. Then I had a bad run of drives from them that didn't last that long. No wonder they have issues. As stated before, Poor customer service!
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs