There's a new WAN optimization startup in town, taking on the likes of Riverbed, Citrix Systems, Blue Coat, and Cisco Systems with some freshly minted Series A funding and, you guessed it, a cloudy approach to delivering WAN optimization. Aryaka Networks came out of stealth mode today and was founded by Ajit Gupta, who …
For being a cloud-based option, sounds more expensive
Although an appliance moves the data efficiently and quickly it does not make allowances for other traffic on the link that is not being managed by the appliance itself. Products like 1E's Nomad makes the best use of the connection and is kinder to already existing traffic. Here's a whitepaper that explains it. http://www.1e.com/download/WhitePapers/Nomad_and_WAN_Caching_1.6.pdf
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire