There's a new WAN optimization startup in town, taking on the likes of Riverbed, Citrix Systems, Blue Coat, and Cisco Systems with some freshly minted Series A funding and, you guessed it, a cloudy approach to delivering WAN optimization. Aryaka Networks came out of stealth mode today and was founded by Ajit Gupta, who …
For being a cloud-based option, sounds more expensive
Although an appliance moves the data efficiently and quickly it does not make allowances for other traffic on the link that is not being managed by the appliance itself. Products like 1E's Nomad makes the best use of the connection and is kinder to already existing traffic. Here's a whitepaper that explains it. http://www.1e.com/download/WhitePapers/Nomad_and_WAN_Caching_1.6.pdf
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops