Apple has acquired Swedish face-recognition outfit Polar Rose, according to multiple reports. Norwegian website Mac1.no (Google translation) reports that Steve Jobs and company have agreed to purchase all shares in the Malmö-based Polar Rose, which introduced a browser plug-in in 2007 for recognizing faces in photos posted …
Confuse the system?
always carry a cutout of Abraham Lincoln with you at parties for being photographed with.
"Excuse me while I whip this out..."
Interesting idea for an app, but until it is integrated with something I don't have to point at someone like a tricorder it is a wee bit too conspicuous. The gadget geek in my likes it...but.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?