Apple has acquired Swedish face-recognition outfit Polar Rose, according to multiple reports. Norwegian website Mac1.no (Google translation) reports that Steve Jobs and company have agreed to purchase all shares in the Malmö-based Polar Rose, which introduced a browser plug-in in 2007 for recognizing faces in photos posted …
Confuse the system?
always carry a cutout of Abraham Lincoln with you at parties for being photographed with.
"Excuse me while I whip this out..."
Interesting idea for an app, but until it is integrated with something I don't have to point at someone like a tricorder it is a wee bit too conspicuous. The gadget geek in my likes it...but.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen