Apple has acquired Swedish face-recognition outfit Polar Rose, according to multiple reports. Norwegian website Mac1.no (Google translation) reports that Steve Jobs and company have agreed to purchase all shares in the Malmö-based Polar Rose, which introduced a browser plug-in in 2007 for recognizing faces in photos posted …
Confuse the system?
always carry a cutout of Abraham Lincoln with you at parties for being photographed with.
"Excuse me while I whip this out..."
Interesting idea for an app, but until it is integrated with something I don't have to point at someone like a tricorder it is a wee bit too conspicuous. The gadget geek in my likes it...but.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS