Apple has acquired Swedish face-recognition outfit Polar Rose, according to multiple reports. Norwegian website Mac1.no (Google translation) reports that Steve Jobs and company have agreed to purchase all shares in the Malmö-based Polar Rose, which introduced a browser plug-in in 2007 for recognizing faces in photos posted …
Confuse the system?
always carry a cutout of Abraham Lincoln with you at parties for being photographed with.
"Excuse me while I whip this out..."
Interesting idea for an app, but until it is integrated with something I don't have to point at someone like a tricorder it is a wee bit too conspicuous. The gadget geek in my likes it...but.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Nexus 7 fandroids tell of salty taste after sucking on Google's Lollipop
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'