Apple has acquired Swedish face-recognition outfit Polar Rose, according to multiple reports. Norwegian website Mac1.no (Google translation) reports that Steve Jobs and company have agreed to purchase all shares in the Malmö-based Polar Rose, which introduced a browser plug-in in 2007 for recognizing faces in photos posted …
Confuse the system?
always carry a cutout of Abraham Lincoln with you at parties for being photographed with.
"Excuse me while I whip this out..."
Interesting idea for an app, but until it is integrated with something I don't have to point at someone like a tricorder it is a wee bit too conspicuous. The gadget geek in my likes it...but.
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' site Ello: There's a reason we're still in beta. SPAMMERS!
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Shellshock: 'Larger scale attack' on its way, warn securo-bods