back to article T-Mobile sued for censoring weed service

T-Mobile USA is being sued for cutting off a message service offering guidance to those seeking legal access to cannabis, despite the service purging itself of references to the evil weed. The company concerned, EZ Texting, is now taking T-Mobile to court on the grounds that a network operator isn't allowed to make moral …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Stop

Cell carriers want it coming and going

In the U.S.A. cell companies, and their landline counter-parts, are common carriers and therefore protected by law from the content they carry. This also applies to ISP's in that country, which is why it always best to host chat-rooms there - hosting is libel free.

T-Mobile, therefore. is clearly making a judgement call. Telephone companies give service to anyone with money and therefore T-Mobile should, too.

Tits

I thought if a courier began filtering anything they would be responsible for everything? As in they'd lose their common courier status.

Silver badge
Happy

Puff

4Gs2myplc?

Gold badge
Coat

"....times three, 'cos T-Mobile knows what it's doing..."

Gosh, I hope they don't have to prove in court that T-Mobile knows what it's doing in order to get the 3x multiplier.

There's a slight dearth of evidence to that effect.....

Easy defence

But a child could have received the communication! A rich, white child, even!

Isn't the solution obvious?

Email your local dealer instead of texting him then.

Silver badge

This is the company...

..who by default sets their censorware to "North Korea" until you turn it off. Don't you need to be 18 in order to enter a contract to get a 3G dongle?

I'm on a borrowed dongle right now, and can't even look at the UK National Lottery without getting a "fuck off, we think you're a child." And yet, I can be corrupted by elReg and numerous other less work-friendly sites with ease!

God I'm glad I didn't buy this... and never will.

Silver badge
WTF?

It's broken. Take it back.

It's broken. Take it back.

SPAM

T-Mobile is blocking spam.

This isn't about weed. It's about 1 or many spam ads being served by an SMS spam company.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums