Never mind all that nonsense, fix the damn memory leaks. 800MB of RAM for a frigging browser?
Mileage May Vary...
121MB here. Just what are you doing?
This is getting way out of hand
If we're going to have web page extensions then they should use something like LISP, something that will thin the ranks of wannabe browser extenders. Code is too easy to write and too difficult to write properly, there's too many people out there clagging up the system with garbage.
...well Scheme really. It just looks a bit like C, and unfortunately 99% of web developers treat it like C, which is why we have such a horrible mess.
just changing the syntax will not necessarily make it easier to write properly.
...and it's used for way more than guessing user's intentions, BTW.
With AJAX it has really come into its own.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging