Never mind all that nonsense, fix the damn memory leaks. 800MB of RAM for a frigging browser?
Mileage May Vary...
121MB here. Just what are you doing?
This is getting way out of hand
If we're going to have web page extensions then they should use something like LISP, something that will thin the ranks of wannabe browser extenders. Code is too easy to write and too difficult to write properly, there's too many people out there clagging up the system with garbage.
...well Scheme really. It just looks a bit like C, and unfortunately 99% of web developers treat it like C, which is why we have such a horrible mess.
just changing the syntax will not necessarily make it easier to write properly.
...and it's used for way more than guessing user's intentions, BTW.
With AJAX it has really come into its own.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad