Games download site GOG.com shut down last night without warning. The service, which launched in 2008 to make old PC games available in DRM-free form, "cannot remain in its current form", its founders said last night following the sudden, unexpected closure. GOG - short for Good Old Games - leaves many customers with games they …
I was thinking of buying a couple of games from there but hadn't got round to it yet.
... Sept 27 and it's still 'up
Took and chance and bought Duke Nukem. Works on XP. Pimitive but oh, so familiar.
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers