Desktop virtualization: it's complex, it's controversial, it's hard to budget. It is, however, easy to make a mess of it. And if you do get it wrong, every single person in your company will want to know why. Mess this one up and you’ll be lucky if they let you project manage buying toner cartridges for the rest of your career …
Now go back in time about three or four years to when we first rolled out VDI in bulk please. I'd like to have known all of this ahead of time rather than having to learn it the hard way as an early adopter. Go on...revel the El Reg time machine to the world...
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS