Desktop virtualization: it's complex, it's controversial, it's hard to budget. It is, however, easy to make a mess of it. And if you do get it wrong, every single person in your company will want to know why. Mess this one up and you’ll be lucky if they let you project manage buying toner cartridges for the rest of your career …
Now go back in time about three or four years to when we first rolled out VDI in bulk please. I'd like to have known all of this ahead of time rather than having to learn it the hard way as an early adopter. Go on...revel the El Reg time machine to the world...
- Mounties get their man: Heartbleed hacker suspect, 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip