It goes without saying that IT systems should, in principle, be secured so that only properly authorised users can access data, applications or services. Most companies are pretty good at giving authorised users access to the systems and data they need to do their jobs. The trouble is that this is only half the job. It is just …
The technology to address this problem is not entirely new. Multics was the first operating system that attempted to provide the capability being sought, and Security Enhanced Linux also incorporates this type of feature.
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp